Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pussy footing

I HATE the term "pussy footing," it's sooooo very irritating. I have heard a lot of it lately. When I started thinking about how much I hate that term, I started to think, "Well, Jessica, what would you prefer?" The truth is that I hate all words associated with doddling. They are all crappy words. Lolligag.....who the heck uses that freaking word. I hate hate hate it.

Okay, let me explain, I quit my soccer team. Why, you ask? Because I broke my foot? Because I have other plans? Because I'm emotional? Okay, its the last one. According to my teammates I spend too much time "pussy footing" on the field. So this is how the game went last night.


We had a girl sub for us who had never played with us before, so my teammates let her know that she shouldn't pass to me because I suck. True, I do suck, but not very nice of the teammates.

I missed defending the goal and the goalie said to a teammate that got mad "You know she can't handle it, she's not good, she can't handle it."

The goalie asked me to stay back and defend and another teammate yelled that I wasn't running enough and said "Jessica, if you're not going to run, then SUB OUT!" So I did. I subbed out for the rest of the season. Done and done.

I sent them an e-mail which I guess is ridiculous to show on here, but I will anyway.

Hi all,


As Chris mentioned to some of you last night I will not be playing for the rest of the season. I joined the team to have a good time and meet new people and last night was anything but fun. I understand being competitive, but I sincerely believe that you can do that and still be a good team player.

Unfortunately, last night's game made me feel not wanted and even took a hit to my self esteem. If I wanted to feel insecure, I would have saved myself the $145 and picked up a Cosmopolitan magazine instead.

I'd like to think that I've been kind to all of you, a good teammate and didn't ever make you feel unappreciated. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the season.

Best,
Jessica


Hm....anyway. I won't be pussy footing anymore on the field. I've decided to move my efforts into the water. My first water aerobics class begins Wednesday evening, and I don't think it's much of a team sport so I should be free to lolligag at my own leasure. Ahhh, that will be so nice.

No comments: