Friday, March 28, 2008

Catching up a little late..

Sorry I've been out of sorts this week, I've been sick with the flu. I wanted to let you know about my weekend getaway from last week and give you a few photographs. We had a pretty lovely stay, the resort is happily situated in Hood Canal. Very picturesque.

Here's some of the view:


This is the resort.


The Cascade Mountains outside of our window.


Some random hills across the canal.



"The Beach." We couldn't find any geo-ducks, a real bust, I'll tell ya.


Okay, so other than spending time with Chris, this was the best part. The resort had a cat called "Alder" (the resort name is "Alderbrook resort") and it was the sweeeeettesssttt freaking cat ever. It meeelllttteeed in your arms and had soft bunny fur. O...M....G....I loved it. I'd go back just for that cat. Yes, I will grow up to be a cat lady. What the f ever.


Oh...that's hot.


Okay, this is just shameless posting pictures of myself now.


Having a cup of joe in our room, enjoying the view.


And after breakfast....aw, so sweet.

Here's the truth about our stay. It was nice, it was beautiful, we had fun. But the service was absolutely horrible...I mean horrible. The worst service I have ever had anywhere. The restaurant staff was awful, the desk clerks were not helpful, it just was no bueno. So I wouldn't coin this hotel as a "resort", it was more like a Holiday Inn on a beautiful property with a fantastic cat. Meh.

On the way home while we were waiting for the ferry Edna (my 2005 Honda Civic) had about all she could take of running my radio and heater so she died in the line at the Bremerton Ferry. I flipped out. Luckily, we got jumped off and she's alive again.



Ah, back in gloomy, overcasty, lovely Seattle.

Alright, I'm sick. I'm going to go get some sleep.

No comments: