Sunday, November 30, 2008

Learning how to be gracious....

I've been thinking about writing for awhile, but every time I started to write an entry it just didn't feel right. I wanted to create an ode to all the things I'm thankful for, and when I started to think about it the list got longer and longer and each being so in depth they started to feel like they were deserving of their own entry, and that would take years to construct. So I've narrowed it down (slightly) and created a list with snippets of explanation -- none of which will even come close to explaining how grateful I am, but if any of them have to do with you, know that this year was incredible thanks to you. So here we go...

1. My mom - for her love post-its, treats for me, listening to me vent and being basically the best mom ever.
2. My brothers

Each is completely unique and incredibly giving. S for giving my my car and being patient and being a great friend when I need one. J for always talking me up, for making my laugh and helping inspire and build on my ideas. Both are so supportive and I could never thank them enough.
3. C

So giving and loving. Words couldn't even come close to expressing all you've done for me this year.
4. All of my incredible friends. I have SO many wonderful friends. My zero friend Mary, my "sister" Carolyn, my kindred spirit Div, my humor Darci, my Seattle savior Chirag, my reflecting wall
Amanda, my strength Rachel, my mentor Ashley, my heart Michelle, my confidante Adrienne, my cheerleader Carson, my inspiration Wacarra. Just to name a few. I am so, so lucky to have you all. And of course my hundreds of other amazingly wonderful friends that have helped shape the person I am today.
5. Family - My grandparents, my cousins, my aunts and uncles. All have given me so much it would take me 24 years to explain all you've done for me.
6. Susan - she makes me so happy, every single day.
7. My work - as much as I might complain, it's really a great place to work. I'm given great opportunity, respected and treated well. Plus, I work with great people.
8. Lounge music - the joy that Rufus Wainwright, Sinatra, Buble, Regina Spektor, Kate Nash bring me....they make me Merry Happy.
9. Having infinite paths ahead of me - whether it's school or my dreams of becoming a FN star, there is so much opportunity that is just waiting for me. Not everyone is lucky enough to have that.
10. Flowers - I've been given flowers so many times this year and every time they make me so happy!


Okay, I could go on forever, but I don't want to make your mind explode or bore you. So thank you all, for everything. Great year because of your kind, beautiful hearts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.