Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday C...and thank you Veterans, including my brother S

I've been awake for hours...while I had my alarm set earlier than normal this morning (around 5:30ish), my precious darling cat Susan decided at 5:23 am that she wanted to check and see if my eye lids tasted as good as she remembered -- I hope they did, because I was only slightly amused. It is hard to get mad, though, even at 5:23 am when you're greeted with the most adorable little face that looks like this


Now I might be a biased cat lover, but Susan Belle is freaking adorable, yes? Anyway, once I saw that face the frustration quickly subsided and I just closed my eyes and let her have her way with my eye lids. *sigh*

Today is C's birthday. Because he is incapable of waiting, he's already opened all of his presents and eaten some of his cake -- so we did a good portion of the celebrating last night. I got him a Pentax 1000 35mm camera, a flash for it, some film, a book on becoming the best photographer ever and a couple other little treats. Tonight we're going to La Carta de Oaxaca (http://www.lacartadeoaxaca.com/), which claims to be some of the best Mexican food in Seattle. Apparently the place is packed all the time, and don't even bother calling for a reservation because they don't answer their phone EVER. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Alright, we'll it's Puffin (http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=587770&prrfnbr=892330&pcgrfnbr=881894) time! I suggest you go out and get your own box, and some raspberries too...and maybe some Splenda Mist (which is totally my new favorite thing and I got my sample bottle for free thanks to Hungry Girl...check this out and you might be able to snatch a bottle still:http://www.totallyfreestuff.com/index.asp?ID=18076). Basically the COOLEST thing ever.

Alright, I'm out.

No comments: