Tuesday, November 11, 2008

oops! Veteran Day side note

Before I hop off to enjoy my Puffins, I wanted to thank all of you veterans for giving your time and lives to help protect us -- most importantly my wonderful brother, S. He was in the Navy for 8 years of active duty, and I believe (I need to call him to confirm) he went into the recruiter yesterday to sign up to be in the reserves. He is what you would call, my hero.

Of course, thank you as well to my wonderful Nonno who served in the military for years as well during the Korean War and Lord knows what else.

To my friend, T, who has already gone through one tour in Iraq and will soon go back for more.

To my friends N and M who guarded in a dangerous area in Djibouti while they served as Marines, thank you.

To my friend J, who has gone through two tours in Iraq -- thank you.

To the gentleman, W, I interviewed when he won $1 Million in the Lottery and is now serving his third tour in the guard in Iraq - thank you.

And to all other militia, thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: