Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A new haircut

Writing my first entry via iPhone so let's get straight to it---I need a haircut bad. Now you're probably thinking "what are you talking about Jess your hair is the cutest EVER." While that might be true, I am not talking about my hair...I need a professional haircut. A little bit of time in the business etiquette salon would do me good.

It's not that I perceive myself as rude, or a bad professional... its just that I need to snip the edge off my "know-it-all" attitude that has recently grown because if I don't, it's going to get me into trouble.

It's hard after working somewhere for nearly two years (can you believe I've been here for almost two years?!) to not have that matter-of-fact attitude. But with more and more articles reigning in about job loss and the economy, it seems like professionalism (and if clients love you) is the only think that is keeping people employed. Now, I haven't seen job loss close to me, none of my friends have lost their job and while the Seattle economy certainly isn't booming, it's not getting the blow as hard as the rest of the country (at least it seems that way). But something tells me it's only a matter of time before the wave crashes on the Seattle shores and knocking people out along the way.

I'm want to become a better professional for myself, though. I want to tidy up because I'm worth improving, becoming a better me is worth every effort. I want to become a better professional because people expect it from me and more importantly, I expect it from me.

So give me a little bit of time to chop off some spilt ends, and I'll be coming out with a fresh new 'do.

No comments: