Saturday, November 22, 2008

A piece of Paris

C and I walked around the market today and slipped into a store down Virginia that I've never seen before. An adorable accessory store and I'm not sure how I ever missed it. Besides it being tremendously overpriced, it had some fantastically beautiful headbands. Which, of course, you know I love. Since they were $75 a pop, I figured I'd admire them and potentially make some myself. Here's kinda what they looked like..



Since I already have a black one, I figure I could use a red one and perhaps a pink one and another really beautifully ridiculous one. Ah, I love ridiculousness.

When we walked out of the store I stumbled across another store I had never seen before -- tucked away in a courtyard nook, so happily situated I forgot for a moment that I was in Seattle. All of a sudden, I found myself in Paris.




A Parisian soap store, so beautiful, I found myself trolling the aisles sniffing every candle and bar, soaking it all in. The attendant welcomed us, and offered us a mimosa in celebration of their 10 year anniversary.



We sipped on our mimosas, admired artwork and old 1925 watch gadget cuff links, and settled on a candled called "joy" which smells like Christmas and rendered exactly that feeling.

Needless to say, the store was quiet a find and make me well....

...so(ul) happy!


After we left we headed down to the market for a bit longer, and passed by vendors and admired their wares. We headed to Pink Door for a late lunch. Perfect pumpkin pasta, so amazing that I disregarded my better judgement and ate all of it without thinking about the calories. Meh.

We walked down 1st Avenue to The Big Picture to watch the new Bond film. I love Bond films, and while the action was definitely up to par, the plot was lacking and left me aching for the good ol' Pierce.

After the movie we headed back home, picked up a beautiful Audrey Hepburn poster and a coupled used CDS including one from Lynam (one of my favorite garage bands from back home) at Easy Street Records.

And then when I got home I instantly fell asleep for awhile and now...I can't sleep. I'm going to watch American Beauty and try to fall asleep for a early morning brunch with the girls.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We need to get susan a little harness so we can bring her on our adventures