Sunday, November 9, 2008

Holding on to the weekend...

It amazes me every week how quickly weekends pass by, and I always wish they were longer, there was more of them, that I was less busy on weekends so I could sit on my death couch (yes, I still have that god forsaken thing) and watch hours and hours of mindless programming. Ah, yes, that's what I call being productive.

I am fortunate enough to seemingly (at least lately) always have really enjoyable weekends. Friday night C and I went to go watch our friend perform in Bat Boy at the Second Story theater in Redmond. She was incredible. The play, if you're familiar is a little over the top and based on the Weekly World News tabloid reports in the early 1990s. Although full of blood, violence, incest and interspecies sex....it was perfect. After the show we went with a few of the cast members to McMenamins.

Yesterday C and I walked around downtown and went to lunch with a couple of our friends at Pike Brewery. I got a new pair of jeans from Nordstrom Rack, and then we headed home to get ready for C's birthday dinner with his dad and step mom at Metropolitan Grill. We took a ridiculous limo that looked something like this



and had an inside cabin like this



down to the restaurant. Food was amazing. I had ahi tuna, calamari, the most outstanding halibut I've ever had and these garlic mashed potatoes that basically I would sacrifice my right eye for. Okay, no I take that back, I really wouldn't but they were very good.

Today some how managed to slip by quickly -- Sundays always do that. I build them up with the best intentions to clean, study, do research on graduate schools...and it never f'ing happens. I have to get it together or I'm never going back to school. But because I always end up so unproductive on Sundays I always wish the weekend was longer, if I had just one more day to get it done...I hold on so tight to them...dreading yet another manic Monday. Man, I'm already getting a super bad case of the Mondays.

Anyway, so holding on to the weekend today got me thinking...it's not the weekend I'm trying to hold on to, it's just a past life in general, a life where things make sense...I feel like I haven't had that in awhile. Okay, okay, not that my life isn't good because it is -- I have an amazing bf, great friends here, a completely insane and adorable cat, a good job where I'm respected...I don't know, it's just so hard to evolve. Hard to watch my friends evolve on complete opposite sides of the country, hard to not be near my family and evolve together...just hard. But after holding on to weekend after weekend, I finally decided today to let go. I'm missing so much life by spending time revisiting the past instead of living in my the present and planning for my future. Hopefully learning to let go is something I'll be able to hold on to.. I'll let you know next weekend.

No comments: