Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New start, new year, social media, I <3 you

So I've been gone quite awhile, an embarrassing amount of time actually. I have a confession, sweet blog-o-mine....I fell in love with microblogging.

But then with all good things guilt eventually sets in. "I've been neglected my readers and my blog for so long, how could I ever consider myself a 'social media manager.' It's just so hard to maintain. So very, very hard." The guilt landed me in a long conversation with co-founder of luckystartups.com
Aronado (who if you don't know I completely admire in the social media space), who gave me some great tips on blogging. While some of these might not be his words exactly, this is what I took away from the great conversation:

*Keep it shorter, more likely to write more often
*Write about things you're passionate about
*Make it fun
*Change it up to keep you and your readers interested.

So, with the start of year of the OX I resolve to become a better blogger. Lots of great content coming your way...stay tuned. In the meantime feel free to entertain yourself with Jackson Pollock.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Nice "microblog"....one of my "resolutions" this year is to blog more! and I sometimes feel overwhelmed because I'm not sure what is worth blogging about...so I love the "microblogging" idea!

It was good to see you while you were back in the Ham!