Friday, January 16, 2009

The afternoon crash...

For those of you who are particularly familiar with my daily schedule (actually come to think of it you don't have to be that familiar at all) you know these things about me:

1. I love the mornings. Really do. Puffins, coffee, new start
2. I don't sleep much which is taking its toll day by day
3. I am a freaking brat in the afternoon. Kindergartener without their nap, kind of brat. Or as my mother calls it "Bratty McPhee."

Starting the day at 4 am yesterday morning brought my afternoon brat syndrome into the 11 am hour full force and I started to become emo to the nth degree. Someone unfollowed me on Twitter and it set me into orbit and kicked into gear my inner Debbie Downer and negative self-talk(which I am REALLY good at). Getting unfollowed in Twitter is like getting picked last in kickball, proof that you provide no real help to the group and they are probably better off with out you. Then after a firm handslap at work, I started to crash and decided the only thing I could do was step out to a nice lunch with a close friend.

The lunch kicked off with me venting every single thing that was wrong in my world, which surprisingly only took about 20 minutes, and then that's when the handslap went to a slap across my face. US Airways flight 1549 went down in the Hudson River with 155 passengers on board and I realized, "Jess, things could be a lot worse. Unfollowed on Twitter does not equal plane crash into frigid river."

The contempt I had for Twitter yesterday morning soon turned back into love as my phone lit up with tweets from my favorite Tweeple about the latest information on the crash and suddenly that one person, the morning handslap and the exhaustion I felt from waking up at 4 am didn't seem like that big of a deal and everything was up hill from there.

No comments: