Sunday, January 18, 2009

How to become awesome

Since I've begin to spend a fair amount of time in the Twitterverse I've been brushed by a lot of social media awesomeness and its put a little fire under me to become more informed (which means even less sleep) and help find interesting and new content that will be pertinent to my agency and my clients.

Tonight I had the opportunity to speak with @PRSarahEvans who is really leading the way in the social media/digital PR realm. She provides great content and runs a weekly dialog on Twitter on Monday nights (7pm CST) called #journchat which allows bloggers, PR folks and journalists to collaborate on a number of issues from social media to pitching to media dying, etc.

I asked her straight out how to become awesome, and while I knew most of this, the affirmation certainly lit a fire. Here's what she suggested:

Follow @themediaisdying, @skydiver, @breakingnewson and of course @mashable. All of which I am proud to say were already on my list.

Check out great sources multiple times a day:
Mashable - All That's New On The Web
TechCrunch
All Top -All the Top Stories in PR

Ahhh, so much work to be cool. Alright, I have to get to it. Have a good night.

No comments: