Friday, March 16, 2007

Rollercoasters are overrated

I remember my first rollercoaster ride in seventh grade. My uncles had attempted numerous times to make me ride them before, but with no success. It was on my 7th grade band trip that I was willing to take on "The Mindbender" at Six Flags Over Georgia...I only did it because my brother was there to hold my hand. He has always been able to comfort me. I'm so lucky to have my family.

While that is a memory I will always cherrish, the tossing and tumbling, the jerking and twirling, it is different when that becomes your life. 30 seconds has turned into a month. I have been in Seattle a month today.

It has been up and down, but constantly moving forward... it will get better. I'm assured constantly of that by my family. Holding my hand even thousands of miles away.

Yesterday was bad. I got a $35 parking ticket. I had a huge misunderstanding with Brian. I am overwhelmed at work. PRSSA National Assembly next week. Overwhelmed. 90 to nothing - until my cousin Bill called. He's coming to visit Easter weekend. That made things start moving upward last night. Bill's visit. Went for a jog around my neighborhood and I'm not going to lie, Greenlake is really cute. I think I'm going to love living there. My roommate is great. We talked last night. Made me feel a lot better. Talked to Jay, talked to Chris, talked to Scott, talked to Mom. Everyone is cheering for me to keep moving onward. So lucky.

Midnight sushi last night at Wasabi Sushi with Kenny, Chirag, Ryan, Kaylee, a co-worker and her boyfriend. Sushi = comfort food. I love it.

Today is going to be good though. This is definitely a moving upward day. I decided for myself. I have on my four-leaf clover shirt and I'm ready to roll...but if it does start moving down I'll still be alright because so many people are waiting to be there to hold my hand.

No comments: