Monday, March 5, 2007

New house, new life

It's all coming together. One day at a time. Friday night I just hung out at home with Clanci (Chris' roommate) and the dogs and went to sleep pretty early. The work week seemed to get to me...or exhaust me anyway.

Saturday I woke up farely early and spoke with Brian about our relationship plan. Plan is...there isn't one. We're just going to let what happens happens I suppose and feel it out as it comes along. One thing is certain, I miss him a lot. If I'm meant to head back that way and be with him, I guess I will. Time tells all. It just sucks a lot to watch it tick by.

Rest of the day Saturday was spent moving. I moved into the new cute house and my roommates keep to themselves for the most part which is alright. I think I can face the solitude rather cheerfully with my new Seattle Public Library card. Seattle Public Library = rock star awesomness...check it out and be jealous http://www.spl.org/ . Good times had by all.

I went with Travis and Kenny around Seattle looking for bits and pieces to get my room to have a more homey feel. I got some new sheets, some beautiful IKEA lamps and a huge rug and some other non-essentials that make the whole room more fun. I went out that night with Clanci and Shuley to play darts at the Irish Emigrant (a total sketch bar in the U-District) which was fun. Mostly because I won. Those Peace Corps girls are so freaking sweet though its out of control. I definitely had a good time, though.

Yesterday I went to St. James Cathedral for mass with Kenny which was very..well I guess pretty. The cathedral is huge and goregous and I signed up for an opportunity to teach ESL which will be nice to start giving back to my community that I'm living in. I think that's an important part of feeling connected to where you live. Yay.

I went to Costco yesterday and bought a ridiculous amount of veggie burgers and other bulk items which should tie me over for about a month. But that's good because I don't get paid for awhile. :)

I spent last night out with a guy named Josh and he took me to dinner and a movie which was fun. We went to a restaurant called Bamboo Garden and then saw Zodiac, probably the worst movie ever. So painfully long. I wanted to jab my eyes out. I didn't though, so don't worry.

Tonight I have an Alpha Xi Delta Alumnae event and I'll send word tomorrow as to how that goes, but I'm looking forward to hanging out with some sisters.

That's all for now.

No comments: