Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Let love in...

Let love in....that's a Goo Goo Dolls song. I think that's how I need to start living my life.

I've been filling my days with a lot of sorrow and "what ifs." What a waste of my time. Today I'm accepting circumstance. I'm living my life. I'm letting love in.

..Or at least I'm going to try.

It is difficult to be away from my friends as they have their senior spring breaks. I had a great spring break last year...Phoenix and then San Francisco. I won National Committee last year. Really couldn't ask for a better last spring break. Curb jealous. Kill envy. It isn't very becoming. Let love in.

I had a good night last night. Seattle Alumnae Board of Alpha Xi Delta hosted its monthly meeting and I was invited to attend. It is so incredible to see my sisters from so many walks of life - ages 22 to 70. I could not have predicted being part of something so incredible when I got here. They all have such love for the sisterhood. It means so much to them. I was nominated for VP of PR and Social Chair. It is a two year term. I am going to love it. Let love in.

Tonight I'm going to spend some time at SPL (Seattle Public Library) and maybe do a bit of jogging. I think I might also try to master a tuna melt tonight. My mom makes the best ones. I'll try to recreate and curl up with a good book. Me night tonight. Let my own love in.

...Or at least I'm going to try.

No comments: