Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rockin' weekend good times -- here's my picture book recap

I have to tell you I love weekends that feel long. This weekend has felt long enough (in a really good way) that I'm not dreading work tomorrow. I feel relaxed and happy, and ready to face whatever the work week has to throw at me. Let's run through the weekend...

C and I decided to celebrate our anniversary this weekend since we'll be busy for the next few weeks and won't be able to celebrate the real day. It was great, I came home and got ready to go to dinner and headed off to Carmelita's (http://www.carmelita.net/). An amazing vegetarian dinner. Mushroom risotto is one of my favorite things in the whole world. A comfortable, cozy and is ranked as the number five restaurant in Seattle. Friday was a beautiful day outside, so we decided to sit out on the patio to enjoy the crisp Seattle air. Here's just a few pictures of dinner:



Me



A heart C made out of the bread


C at dinner

After dinner we went to the Westin downtown and stayed on the 44th floor with an amazing view looking over the city. Here's what we got to look at:



Kind of you can see the lights from our apartment building. Pretty cool.


Me in front of it...


Us

On Saturday we headed up to Marblemount near the Skagit River to go camping with some of our friends for S's 25th birthday. I'm not an outdoorsy person by any means, but I really had a good time. The drive was ridiculously long, and if any of you know me at all, you know that I LOATHE driving. But, once we got there, I was really happy we made the trek. We hung out, had foil dinners, sat around a fire and burned things and sang songs. We saw a deer 10 feet away and it just sat there and stared at us, it was really cool. Here are some of the pictures from the night:





Singing...




...around the fire..






Hanging outtttttt...


Our campsite...

As we left we stopped to take some pictures of the scenery..



Ooo, pretty...the waterfall, not me.



C in front of the waterfall.


Lots of pictures to remember a great weekend.

Goodnight.

No comments: