Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reality TV

Reality television is a true phenomenon to me -- people giving up their lives, their own reality, to watch the lives of others that claim to be more interesting than them. Pulllleassee.

It hit me when I was on the phone with my mom last night that much of my life as of late I've been living in black and white, become an observer like many Americans that hunker down on their couch each evening watching American Idol, America's Next Top Model, Real World, Sweet 16 or whatever else. What a freaking waste of time, but admittedly I myself love the worst show of them all -- Real Housewives of New York City. Puke. Get a life, Jessica.

And so I am. I'm changing my life to color. I don't want to waste my time on the couch dreaming about how I wish my life was more like the Kardesian girls(which, I don't wish that at all, but whatever). I'm bright and animated enough to be my on reality television show, I want my life to be active enough (not in a drama filled way) that people want break out the popcorn and sit and watch me live.

Instantly after this realization hit me last night I thought how I could make this happen, how I could become better and more interesting. Naturally, I logged onto the Amazing Race Web site to see where to sign up, but it doesn't appear that they're doing casting at this time and honestly, I'm a vegetarian I don't want to eat bugs. Ew.

It's been my dream to be a Travel Channel host, to tool around fabulous far off places and find the off the beaten path hot spots in Laos or Egypt. How do I get there? How do I break into a technicolor life? Whatever the answer, I'm going to spend the time it takes break out of Pleasantville and start my own reality tv show -- starring of course, me.

2 comments:

wac said...

It's never to late to be the person you could have been!

Watch out travel channel!!! :)

Mandie P said...

have you ever heard of the show "5 Takes"... It was a show when I lived there... it was awesome check it out and apply- I got half way through the process then forgot to turn in some stuff :-/