Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nutrition...hm, it makes sense plus contest update!

So last night at running group we had a nutritionist come in and if what she says it true, it looks like I am deficient basically all across the board. Here's what I learned last night, sorry if you already know all this info:

* Drinking two cups of green tea (hot or cold) a day will boost your metabolism by 20percent
* Drinking two cups of green tea before your work out will put you into fat burning mode immediately
* I'm anemic (ok, I already knew that...)
* I'm protein deficient (which I sensed I was), the sign of protein deficiency is craving carbs and sweets...which I do ALL the time and I didn't before about 3 months ago so there you go.
* I'm vitamin D deficient...and if you're living in Seattle with me, chances are you are too. We just don't get enough sunlight up here above San Fran, the two weeks of summer just don't cut it. Period.
* I'm healthy fat deficient (I don't really know what the terminology was for this). I should be eating more coconut oils, avocado and olive oils than I do to help with my energy stores.

So I'm going to go to the doctor and get my lab work done and then I'm going to see her to figure out how I can fix myself. I just need a little bit of direction. Anddddd she takes insurance! I have a feeling I'm going to feel a lot better SOON.


****CONTEST UPDATE*****

Things are heating up on the contest front. I've received several ssscccarrrrrry pictures from you folks. So scary in fact, I want to give you all a prize! But I can't, only one will be named winner. Keep sending me your photos, folks. I promise, you WANT to win this prize.

No comments: