Sunday, October 19, 2008

Most wonderful time of the year...*Time for a contest*

Ah, you feel that? The cold chill in the air, the wind breezing by rubbing it's icy hands against your rosy cheeks? It's finally here, it's autumn.

You've probably heard before that Seattle has two seasons: rain and non-rain. Which is almost true. We have more like two and a half seasons: rain, non-rain and foreboding overcast (frequently refer to in other parts of the country as fall). As the leaves begin to change and fall to the ground, the winter clouds sweep in and over the sky of Seattle, letting you know the weary weather is rapidly approaching...here's your 15 day (give or take) warning.

While Seattle has the absolutely most fantastic summers in the entire world, this quick "season" is by far my favorite. Pulling sweaters out of the drawers, putting on my boots, it's strangely satisfying.

This "season" brings with it corn mazes (I went on Friday to Stockard Farms with some friends to wander the maze...or maize...hahah..oh me), pumpkin carving (did that yesterday and lost big time...but as you know I'm incapable of anything crafty a list of which now includes: gingerbread houses, egg dying and now pumpkin carving. If I can't make a proper turkey hand drawing come Thanksgiving I'll let you all know that I've reached a new level of...well...failure. Stay tuned.), wonderful hearty food and of course Halloween.

Halloween has long since been my favorite holiday (with the exception of my birthday). I mean think about it, what the hell is not to love? Dressing up as someone else, eating too much candy, scaring people...ah, perfect.

So I thought in order to get into the holiday spirit I would ask my lovely readers to humor me in a contest. The scariest picture *of you* contest. I am pretty sure I'm going to win, so just a heads up, but if any one is interested in being a judge, let me know. Reason for the contest is simple: One, its Halloween. Two, I don't know about you guys, but I've spent all year taking scary horrible unattractive photographs (most of which were by accident) and now is the time to put those babies to work. Don't be ashamed of your awful pictures, folks, its all for the spirit of contest. And like I said, I'm sure I'm going to win. In fact, I have in my past taken a picture that was so absolutely horrible, that it scared my own MOTHER and she now has it framed and for display in her living room. Everytime anyone ever sees it they cry because they're so scared. No joke, true f'ing story.

I look forward to your entries! And remember, you're doing it for the spirit of competition and of course to make me happy....which I know is exactly what all of you live for.

No comments: