Thursday, October 23, 2008

LBD and a cup of tea...or a teapot

Good evening all, I hope this finds you well. I'm feeling surprisingly upbeat even though it's 11:25 on a school night, my cat is meowing her head off in a desperate painful moan (I have NO idea why) and I have to be to work in t-minus 7 hours. That's okay, you can't ruin my chipperness.

Okay, hang on, wait...Susan is getting close. I need to do something about that cat, she's such a whiner. Okay, she's now sitting next to me acting semi-normal. Let's see how long it la-okay, she's gone. Ugh. No. I'm chipper tonight. FREAKING CHIPPER.

So, I went out to dinner with C and his mom and her boyfriend tonight for her birthday celebration. They are such wonderful, warm people. C's mom reminds me exactly of my best friend, M's mom, who I actually just got an e-mail from today. Anyway, we went out to Hi-Life for dinner (Susan's back and laying on the keyboard, so pardon any typos). It was so wonderful. I went there a few weeks ago, as you might recall, with some folks and wasn't very enthusiastic about it. On second try, it was really really incredible. I got ahi tuna, so perfect, amazing. I also got mashed sweet potatoes because I was trying to stay healthy -- I'm pretty sure they were mashed with butter and cream because OMG they were FANTASTIC. Wait, fatastic? Hahahhaha. Oh gosh. They were yummy and totally worth whatever number of calories they plopped on my body. So get there and eat them...and bring me some to-go.

C's mom is one of those people that loves everything you give her, but thanks to my own Mom, I think we gave her a pretty f'ing cute gift. You can steal this idea for your own mother's or someone else's if you'd like. So we got a tea pot and some flowers from the store, cut down the stems and made the teapot into a vase and then gave her some loose tea to go with it. How cute is that?? I think pretty cute and she l-o-v-e-d it.

I've been stressing out ridiculous amounts about this birthday party I have to go to on Saturday for C's cousin. It is "formal" attire, but I mean, what does that mean? I don't know. So I thought, "formal attire...prom dress? Sorority formal gown? Cocktail? Baahhh!" I went to two different Ross stores looking (I didn't want to spend alot) then finally asked my friend B if she had any I could borrow. Turns out, a LBD (little black dress for you not "in" people) was the perfect solution. Check this out:




Ow, ow. Alright, I'm out.

1 comment:

Mandie P said...

i think you were on a calorie high... love it!