Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Being Southern

I wonder when the "pride" associated with being Southern is going to wear off. It's strange that I adore it so much and I feel the need to fit it in to every conversation that I'm engaged in. I'm sure it's bo-ring to people, but that's alright. I'm okay with it. Here's just a few things I love about the South:

* Sweet Tea - especially of the Milo's persuasion
* College Football - I just love the enthusiasm of the fans and the energy surrounding it
* Etiquette - it's like these people in Seattle never learned how to say "please" and "thank you"!
* The style - Vera Bradley purses, pearls with sorority t-shirts, cardigan sweaters...I love it all
* Fried food - I don't care what you say, they fry EVERYTHING better in the South
* Autumn - while autumn or the fake season that is autumn in Seattle is lovely, it's done much better in the south.
* My family is there - ah, I miss them.

Alright, I am going to go. But as Miss Scarlett would say, "Tomorrow is another day."

No comments: