Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter.

My life is pure insanity. I'm not going to lie. It is a continued pile of chaos. I'm still hoping that one day I'll sort through it. I've done a little bit of sorting so I have some time to post. Sorry about the delay.

Work has been extraordinarily busy since I returned from Nashville. With almost everyone out of the office I was trying to keep up with the work load and stay on top of everyone's in house projects. I had a pretty good time doing it and feel pretty accomplished for the week which is definitely a good thing. There were a few communication issues but all seem to be working themselves out and I hope to have a fresh start tomorrow. We shall see.

As far as personal, I'm doing pretty well. My cousin, Bill, came in this weekend from Rhode Island to hang out and spend a little time in Seattle. We had a pretty good time putzing around in the beautiful outdoors. Friday was absolutely gorgeous. We spent a lot of it walking around Olympic Sculpture Park which is part of the Seattle Arts Museum (SAM) and the Seattle Center. A little bit of time in the Experience Music Project www.emplive.org (where I'm going to my sorority's formal in May with Scotty, yay!). We didn't get to go into the Sci-Fi Museum but I defintely am going to make the trek there ASAP.

We also hiked Snoqualmie Falls, I didn't get to hike it last time I went with Lisa. It was quite the outdoor pursuit and I'm all kinds of sore today. Ow.

Last night we found the most fantastic dive bar, EVER, in Belltown called "Shorty's Coney Island." I can't even describe....pin ball machines, bartenders servicing up chili cheese dogs (yes they make them behind the bar) with whiskey sours...it was amazing. Not that I like chili cheese dogs or whiskey sours. Pin ball is good though.

Today we wrapped things up with some dim sum in the International District. All and all I had a pretty great time. He's definitely revitalized my spirits. I needed it.

When he left today, though, I couldn't help but feel a bit down. First holiday being away from home as an adult and I don't like it. I miss my family much. I'm going home May 11, though, for Carolyn's graduation so I'll spend some time with mi madre then. Can't wait.

I'm going to go watch some P&P and feel a little bit better about things. I'm going to try to start fresh and 86 my self pity attitude. Call it a rebirth. It is Easter, after all.

No comments: