Thursday, April 12, 2007

Just water under the bridge...or a troll..whatever.

Seattle wouldn't be complete without the Fredmont Troll. Troll you ask? Yes, Troll. It's a big giant Troll made out of concrete holding a real VW Beetle in his hand (which you can't see...) under the Fredmont Bridge. It's amazing. I L-O-V-E it. It was also filmed in 10 Things I Hate About You, incase you're interested. Anyway, that's just a Troll under a bridge.

I'll be the first to admit I've never been the outdoors type. I always have enjoyed the great outdoors, and always wished I was more inclined to spend a lot of time in them, but I confess I always preferred the nice air conditioned in doors. Seattle has changed that. The song "The Outdoor Type" by the Lemonheads is no longer about me...used to be though. Still a good song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QczF5hvgos

I could go on for days about how beautiful it is here. It's every where you turn. There's another cherry blossom tree blooming, another snow capped mountain, another lake. Outdoors are where it's at.

I live down the street from a lake, it's called Greenlake. I've been running around it lately and today as I was running I was looking across the lake in complete awe of it's sheer magnitude and beauty. How freaking amazing is it that I live only a few blocks away from such sheer glory.
Everyday I realize what a genius I was in moving here. I couldn't fathom my life without experiencing this...it's heavenly.

So my angst, my hatred, my fear, my sorrow....I left it where it belongs. It's all under the bridge...with the troll.

2 comments:

Scott T. Iwata said...

10 Things I hate About you is a movie in which my sister is in...=o)

Miss Jessica said...

Can I get her autograph?