Monday, April 9, 2007

Seattle is for lovers...

There is something about this city that just makes people couple up.

I don't know what it is, but you can feel it. Love. In the air. Everyone talking about their significant others and all the places they go together. They all sound fab-o. I'm looking forward to exploring Golden Gardens and random bits of Washington State....ooo and the vineyards. Those will be lovely.

It's been sunny here the past couple days. It makes you feel alive. The second the sun hits your skin you soak it in...in the words of my highschool principal, "like a giant car wash sponge." That however was in a different context all together when he said to me "Alright, Miss Jessica, get to class and soak up lots of knowledge like a giant car wash sponge." Hah, that makes me giggle. Good times.

Rhett is sending me house warming items. I can't wait to see what he sent my way. I'm pretty sure one is a slow cooker since I told him my mom sent me an awesome slow cooker recipe book and I need an awesome new slow cooker. I'm not sure why I am so lucky to have so many friends that want to take care of me. It is amazing.

Next few weeks are going to be full of muy exciting festivities to keep me occupied and out of trouble....the agenda is as follows...just so you can know where I am and what I'm doing at all times.

This weekend: Centennial Event of my sorority at the university here. Should be a joyous occasion. Lots of alumna to meet and such.

Next weekend: Rufus Wainwright will be h-e-r-e. Need I say more? You can look at him yourself at www.rufuswainwright.com. So beautiful. Yay.

Weekend after: Tentatively NYC. We're still discussing/figuring out if it is possible. I'm crossing my fingers, though. I really would love to go!

Cinco De Mayo weekend: Seattle Art Museum reopens. No I don't have tickets...but I am volunteering :) 9 p.m. - 1 a.m. Yay. I get to go for f-r-e-e!

May 11-13: Carolyn graduates. Must be in Alabama then. Milo's Famous Sweet Tea, here I come. Oh and Mom. Hi Mom. :)

May 13-26ish?: Scott will be in town. That will include lots of good times including a formal at the EMP. But you already knew that. Yay!

May 25-28: Brett is coming to visit. Good times.

Gah, this is going to be the BEST SUMMER EVER. At least I'm going to try my best to make it that way.

1 comment:

Scott T. Iwata said...

May 13-26ish?:
It's not a ? but a ! I'm definitley coming. =o)