Monday, April 16, 2007

No more summer camp

My mom told me when I moved here initially to pretend like I was going away to summer camp. Going to check things out, have some fun in the sun and then head back home. Today, I've been here two months. I think that ends my stint at "summer camp." Seasons are changing, and reality is settling. I'm surprisingly okay.

Work is good. Busy, but good. I enjoy my job, I enjoy the environment, I enjoy my clients. It's good. I think that is helping ease the transition a lot quicker. Also, I made some great friends while away at summer camp. You always do. It's those friends that you carry with you into the start of each school year. I'm taking a few with me. I spent this weekend with Kenny on Friday night at a sorority function and then Friday late night with Travis, Chirag and some girls from my sorority. Saturday morning I began with my sorority's centennial celebration and then hung out with the guys and Kaylee at an Indian (dot, not feather) dance competition. It was pretty freaking amazing. I wish I had the ability to dance in such beautiful motion. We went to the after party at EMP and danced some and that was a wonderful time. It was a great summer end bash. I'm looking forward to the next couple months, fall is my favorite time of year, anyway.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Hi Jess... Just wanted to drop a quick note. Glad to hear everything is going so great for you and looking as beautiful as ever, having a great time. Proud of you. I'm hoping Noelle can come to see you once her bruise is healed and she can really travel more than 2-3 days. Take care.. Love you. (sorry took so long lost your blog address just put in favorites)