Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Oy Vey!

Life is starting to pile up quick. I'm trying to sort through everything but it's coming with some difficulty. I made a huge "To Do" list today which I think might help expedite the process. We shall see. One can only hope. Otherwise I'm going to have a panic attack and that would be pleasing to.....no one.

Hm.

I thought you should all know things I love about Seattle and things I miss about home. Okay, here's the list.

Reasons why I <3 Seattle:
  • Every morning I wake up to the snow covered mountains outside my window
  • On my way to work I pass over the Ballard Bridge, home to the locks (where the salt water changes to fresh and where the salmon run upstream) and home to boats in mass quantities...all lovely.
  • I am in a beautiful neighborhood next to Greenlake, a perfect area for running and spending time outdoors
  • I haven't met a person yet that isn't in love with this city. I'm slowly falling....
  • It's accessible. While Seattle is definitely a city, I still can get around with relative ease
  • There is so much left to explore. I love that there is so much unknown to me....
  • I've made friends, great friends. I have no idea how I was blessed with such a knack for making friends. Anyway, they're all wonderful and giving individuals.
  • My house is cute. My roommate bakes. How can you not love a roommate who bakes me carrot cakes in his spare time? He's amazing.

Reasons Why I <3 Alabama:

  • Family. Obviously no real surprise there. I miss them tremendously.
  • Friends. My best friends. All such wonderful support throughout this entire process. I guess I just miss hugging them and random adventures. So good.
  • Sweet Tea, Southern Hospitality. Those go hand and hand. I've been a lot of places and nothing compares to Southern charm. Strange, but true.
  • My niche. Before I moved I felt like I had found a perfect groove for myself. Making friends, getting to really know the city. Experiencing Birmingham for truly the first time in my life.
  • Surin West. Sushi, enough said.
  • Southside/Highland. I really just love that area. Close to my heart. Rojo days = Bomb.com

I guess it's a relief to know that there is such great things in the world. You can find them everywhere. Some are right there above the surface...like the Olympic Mountains outside my window...some you have to look for. I intend to keep digging until maybe I uncover something deeper...maybe I uncover a new part of me.

No comments: