Monday, September 1, 2008

It's been a great long while..

A great many things have happened, a great many things. I've missed talking with you all.

Since we last spoke I made the trek back to Bama from August 14 - 25 it was perfect. I told few people I was coming, so that insured I had more time with my family and time to relax and eat lots of food. I mean, I ate a lot of food. Here's a recap of some of the particular goodies I consumed (I will NOT be putting points values next to these because the thought might depress me):

* Surin West (Tokyo roll, seaweed salad, coconut soup)
* Al's (veggie burger and mint sweet tea - the first and last thing I consumed... I f'ing love it. Although, I tried to be moderately healthy twice and went for the veggie burger without mayo or cheese. Such a mistake. This burger is meant to be consumed in it's full caloric serving. DELISH)
* Silvertron (neighborhood restaurant, but honestly terrible...I don't know why people love that place, it's random and weird http://www.silvertroncafe.net/)
* Ginza Korean BBQ (we went for my mother's birthday and I ate sashimi and seaweed, it was pretty good. Then my dad was telling me how good he heard it was a few days later and I didn't have the heart to tell him I just went, so I ate it twice. The sashimi was frozen the second time around)
* Cantina (the freakin' best shrimp quesdilla in the whole planet. I l-o-v-e it http://www.birminghammenus.com/cantina/....actually all their food is good. I went with my BFF D and my old professional advisor A, who is probably one of the most hilarious people in the planet. Good times, great food.)
* Jim N Nick's BBQ (Now, here's the thing. I go to Jim N Nick's every time I go home but I don't eat meat, so it's kind of weird. I go specifically for the cheese biscuits which melt in your freaking mouth. I brought back some pulled pork for C to eat and taste a bit of home. He said it was good, but I really couldn't say. http://www.jimnnicks.com/)
* Rojo (I love Rojo. I really do. It's a neighborhood outdoor restaurant with a great atmosphere and good flavor. I actually ate the worst thing they probably had on their menu -- not worst in terms of calories but worst in terms of flavor. Pineapple salsa, sounds good right? No, not really. It was stringy and mixed with jalapenos, not what I was expecting. http://www.birminghammenus.com/rojo/ Still good environment
* Taziki's Greek Fare (It's a low key Greek restaurant and I went with my friend R. It was pretty good http://www.bhamdining.com/mediterranean-mideast/2007/6/18/tazikis-greek-fare.html )
* Ridiculous amounts of sweet tea
* Chick-fil-a (might not sound impressive but they don't have them in Seattle. I drank quite a bit of diet lemonade - I love it so much
* Indian Food (At D's engagement party she had so much food and all of it was EXTREMELY spicy but good...there was somosas, curry cheese, all kinds of random, mint naan which was really good)

Picture of me and D at her engagement party. I have no idea why my face looks like that
* Mom's chocolate chip cookies -- OMG, amazing.
* Fried pickles (really made my stomach hurt, but you know, they're pickles and they're fried. What can you really expect?)

As you can see, I ate really well. REALLY well. 3 lbs gained well. But that's alright, I'm back down to my normal weight now...and it was all very much worth it.

Here's a couple cute pictures from my trek home:


Me and A at Metro Bistro.


Me and my bro, J.


My flight was delayed back and I missed my connection in ATL and had to stay overnight in a shady McGee hotel. Ugh. Got back in and went straight to work and had the most hectic week ever this week. One of my client's annual planning meetings and we had a really good dinner at Steelhead Diner -- really recommend it for your Seattlelite locals. It has all northwestern grown or raised food with really rich and hearty flavor for a pretty good price. Located right in the market, here's the web site: http://www.steelheaddiner.com/

This week is going to be insane. I had Friday and today off for the Labor day weekend and I have work tomorrow, then I'll be in Los Angeles for work on Wednesday and then working on Thursday and thennnnnnnnnnnnnn Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyy isssssssssss myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big 24, better represent.

Alright, peace out. Tired from doing absolutely nothing all day.

1 comment:

-Me. said...

Good for you going to Chick-fil-A and shame on you for not letting my parentals know you got stuck in ATL, serves you right having to stay in a sketchy hotel. : P
Love Susan.