Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's the eye of the tiger...or me anyway..

What a freaking week. Literally massive insanity.

My mom came last Tuesday and right before she arrived I poked myself in the cornia with a sharp corner of some thin cardboard. It caused enough damage for me to miss work Wed - Fri, not be able to leave the house to do anything fun with my mom at all, and I had to go to the doctor on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

It was awful. I have slight blurr and kinda squintiness to my eye but seems like I'll heal just fine. My eye anyway, my heart is still broken and will take some time to fix again. Probably until I see mom again. :(

It was nice to have her here and while we didn't really do anything, it was nice just to be with mom doing nothing. She's such a wonderful mother. We talked in length about my future and I think I'm getting there I'm actually extremely excited about the direction I think I'm taking it and when I have more definitives I'll let you know. Just know it's big! And it's going to allow me to cross off some of the things on my bucket list which freaking rocks my face off. Soooo pumped. I'll let you soon soon soon.

So...I started a women's running group with my friend K and we ran part of Greenlake today. It was nice, I like our coach. Done through Titlenine.com and seems to be well organized. It's 8 weeks long, some girl bonding time and running will do me some good. Especially as the weather starts to turn to..well...Seattle.

I've got to head off to bed, but stay tuned...big news to come...but for right now, the secret is tucked away much as I am in this bucket....



...don't worry, I'll come busting out soon.

1 comment:

Nina said...

Ohh, i'm on the edge of my seat! :)