Monday, September 29, 2008

Oh me, oh my

Congress rejected the bail out bill. 700 points the Dow dropped so far. Gives me anxiety, but as my mom puts it, "it's a waste of time to stress about things you have no control over, it prevents you from taking care of things you do have control over." So with that, I'm going to try my best not to spend too much time thinking about it even though I'm worried. Moving on...

Had a good weekend. Friday we watched the debate at the Great Nabob with a bunch of friends where I met a couple of my friend W's friends and they said the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me, coming from someone I don't know anyway. They said that I'm the most beautiful person they've ever seen. How they see that, I'm not sure, but man is that a nice thing to hear on a Monday morning.

After the debate C and I headed to the Showbox to watch Blue Scholars, which is hip hop music. Now, as most of you know I HATE hip hop, but we ran into our friend R and hung out and had a pretty good time. But, I don't think I need to go to another hip hop concert for a long while.

Saturday I baked some banana bread (3 loafs!) and C and our friend came over and knitted. Watched Enchanted (I L-0-V-E that movie).

We ushered at the UW game on Sat night and Sunday we hiked Tiger mountain. 3 miles straight up and considered a "beginners course". I almost died I was so exhausted. Every muscle in my whole body feels like jell-o. It was kind of ridiculous how hard it was and of course we had old men running past us up the mountain like it was no big thing. Ugh. My favorite part was when we got to the top of the mountain we sat down to have a snack and there were birds flying around the trees and the flew down and sat on our hands to eat our food. It was actually really cool. Here's some pics:


View from the top


Me walking...



The bird in C's hand.

Alright, I'm off to go avoid reading CNNmoney.com.

No comments: