Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy May Day Number 2

Sorry about the delay since writing, I know you've been *aching* for an update. Everything seems to be pretty well in order in life, I am really enjoying crew.

Yesterday we went out on Lake Union which, as everything in Seattle is, it's beautiful.



Afterward C and I went on a May Day date to The Purple Cafe, which I've been wanting to go to since basically day one. I've always heard rave reviews, but I could never justify the cost. Finally we buckled up and decided that we needed to check out this downtown oasis for ourselves, and what better day to do it then for May Day. Here's the menu:
http://www.thepurplecafe.com/pdf/menus/seattle_dinner.pdf

I opened up my mouth to a bouquet of flavors, all extremely enjoyable. The gorgonzola stuffed dates were unbelievable and the halibut had some amazing potato pairing. Delightful. The chardonnay wine flight I order was alright, I'd probably get something different if I went back again. We'll see.

This weekend is shaking out to a pretty exciting weekend. Tonight my friends S and B are having a James Bond party, and I have the perfect outfit. I'm not going to reveal it hear, hopefully follow up with some pictures.

Tomorrow is opening day for boats in Seattle, and I plan on going to that to watch the regatta (ooo, I'm so crew oriented) and the parade of yachts. Afterward I'm heading over to Ballard's Fourth Annual Keta Salmon Cookoff to try salmon for *FREE*. Then it's the Hop and Scotch festival in Fremont, gotta check that out.

Sunday I'm going to the zoo. All and all looking like a good weekend.

Susan Belle is perfect, by the way. Thank you for asking.

No comments: