Monday, May 26, 2008

Back in Seattle...

The DC event was exhausting, but I think it went relatively well. It was long days, long nights, a lot of work...I'm hoping it's worth it. We shall see.

I got back in town on Saturday around noon and C greeted me at the airport. It was really great to see him after the long week. Saturday was beautiful, so we walked down to World Market and picked up a bottle of Kris pino grigio (which is a really affordable Australia wine http://www.winezap.com/Haas-Franz-Pinot-Grigio-Kris/0/16751) and some Framboise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framboise) and walked through Olympic Sculpture Park (http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/visit/OSP/) which is only three blocks from the home base and sat in the sun.

My friend from WDWCP was in town from El Paso on Saturday night with some friends so we went out to Pink Door for dinner. I had some amazing halibut. Amazing. We headed over to Belltown Billards for a bit and then headed home. It was a nice walk home -- crisp Seattle evening...but I was exhausted. I burst into tears halfway home from being overtired...meh.

Sunday was relaxing...we hung out in the courtyard and I sewed a pillow while C painted in true Bob Ross style. Now, you'll be impressed...this was no craft fiasco, friends. It appears one craft I can do is hand sew. Forget about the gingerbread houses, discard all thoughts about the Easter eggs and feast your eyes on this:





I know....oooooo...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, right? I mean that's handsewn. No sewing machines were used in the process. I'm so proud of myself I plan on making two more! One with the same material and one with this:




I'll let you know how it turns out. Fancy, I hope.

In other news I made the most inccccccccccreddddibllleeeee HG pad thai yesterday. HIGHLY recommended for you WW eaters.



Delllllllllllishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I also got some aweeeeeeesome strawberries that are the size of my head. Okay maybe not that big but check these babies out:




Oh heck yes, I'm enjoying that. Anyway, I'm off.

1 comment:

Mandie P said...

curious- did the strawberry taste like strawberry or water?