Friday, April 18, 2008

Seattle doom and gloom

Man this place is depressing. If this winter doesn't burn off soon I'm going to be super sad. To top it all off, it's FRIGID. Not just mildly brisk, no it's flipping freezing. Bah.

I suppose I should update you with the new bits of my life. My friend K and I joined a "Learn to Row" class at Lake Union Crew...talk about cold. I'm going to freeze to death. The course is pretty intense for about a month. Tues/Thurs/Saturday for an hour and half. It's pretty fun, our instructor is extremely sarcastic and has pointed out about 20 times already how bad my posture is. I've spent most of my week strapped to my office chair in order to fix my posture. Little does he know that my chair leans back...muhahahhaha.

C and I picked up a ballroom dancing class that starts tonight. Should be pretty cool. Nonno taught me years and years ago how to fox trot, but that's about all I have under my belt. I'm just afraid I'm going to be the one trying to lead the whole time. Hah.

Last weekend I headed out to Spokane to hang out with some friends, it was pretty fun. It's always nice to see those folks, and we're going back for N's law school graduation in a few weeks. The agenda is pretty packed. Here's what's on the upcoming docket:

*Tonight: Ballroom class and going to Warroom with the soccer team folks (we've kissed and made up)
*Tomorrow: Rowing, Tulip Festival (http://www.tulipfestival.org/) and Desi Dhamaka (Chi's cousin is performing) and then the after party at EMP..whoop whoop...it was a lot of fun last year.
*Sunday: Brunch with C's mom
*4/21: Cooking Class at Blue Ribbon (http://www.blueribboncooking.com/)

Highlights to come:
*5/4: Vancouver, BC for Wac's 1/2 marathon
*5/9 - 11: Spokane
*5/17 - 5/24: Washington, DC for work
*5/26 - 5/28: Red Sox
*6/25 - 6/29: Gloucester for St. Peter's Day Fiesta

Alright, I'm out.

No comments: